Sunday, January 23, 2011

Don't Harm The Kitty: A Sunday School Lesson

Last week in Sunday school, our teacher was sick, so we did a lesson with his wife. She was really good with us, and we took a lot out of the class. Although there were only four of us and her, I felt that it was a powerful message that the Lord obviously thought I needed to hear, since we built off of last weeks, today. Last week, we coined the phrase, "Don't Kick The Kitty". This meant that we were to go out and say something nice to a stranger, or someone that we usually aren't nice to. We figured that one good deed led to another, just like one hurtful comment could lead that person to make another hurtful comment, and we would leave a chain of hurt.

When we walked into Sunday school today, we had to tell what we did this week to prevent "kicking the kitty". I felt that I had done pretty well, calming down a potentially awful situation. I felt that I had finally helped someone out of love and respect for them. Little did I know, that was just the beginning. The Lord said that He wants us to love all people. I was reminded of that today at church. I still am struggling to figure out how I am going to be able to love all people, but that's it, I can't do it alone. I have to have God with me. He has to be there by my side always.

This week, we have changed our phrase to, "Don't Maul The Kitty". Our new challenge, and a challenge that I give to you, is to go out of your way this week to help someone out. Just like the story of the good Samaritan. We need to show God's love to everyone that we meet. I think that I am going to have trouble with this, but I know that when I pray, God will answer, and He will help me. It is time that I stop saying that I need to be more Christlike, and just go out and BE more Christlike. It's going to take time, but for this week, I promise that I will go out of my way to help at least one person! Could you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment