Saturday, January 8, 2011

Challenge. Could You Do It?

First of all I would just like to say that today is an example of an answered prayer. I know that I was supposed to just leave it up to God, but I figured a little prayer would help. The snow came in fast and thick, but it didn't stop us from holding Upward. It was an amazing day full of shared testimonies and fun Christian filled basketball games. Although the day was stressful, I didn't end it feeling relieved, I came out feeling joyful. Being in the house of the Lord always brings me joy, but there is something very special about getting hundreds of people into a tiny gym (not all at once), ready to worship God through sports ministry. The Lord was truly at work today. When I was working in the kitchen, I had a conversation with a few of the adults that go to my church. We were talking about influences and how what music you listen to and what shows you watch on TV affect your life. One of my youth leaders told me that while she was listening to the Christian radio station, they created a challenge, and that was, for everyone to go one week listening to nothing but Christian music. At first I just told her that it was easy and that I could do it whenever because I have so much Christian music, but then I got thinking and realized that my mood is affected by everything that I am filling my head with. One week is not a very long time when compared to our life spans, so I have decided that I am giving this week to God completely. Meaning that I will not be listening to my radio stations, I will not be listening to my new Mitchel Musso CD, or my Taylor Swift CD. I will be listening to Mandesa, and Chris Tomlin and all of the other hundreds of Christian artists.  I plan to document my challenges through this blog, because I'm sure that the temptation will be there to listen to other music, but I will stick with it. I know that with God's word flowing in my ears through music will give me that much more strength to follow his will for my life. I am not doing this alone because in everything that I do I have God, "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37. This verse is a well known one that keeps me moving forward every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment