Friday, January 7, 2011

Excitment.

The Lord has blessed me with many things. Of those things is the Upward Sports ministry program that came to my church seven years ago. We run a basketball league that my mom is the director for. This is the first year that she is the sole director and everything has gone well so far. We went from having maybe 110 kids in the program last year, to having 164 kids this year. That is 164 people and their families that will hear about God's love for the next eight weeks. I am overly excited to begin season number eight in the morning. I am happiest during this season because not only do I get to play the sport that I love, I get to do it in the house of God and play it while glorifying his name. Upward is an amazing ministry that everyone should check out once in their lifetime. All night I have been desperately praying for the snow outside to stop so that we are able to have Upward tomorrow. I have come to the realization now, that everything is in God's time. If God wants us to have Upward tomorrow, (which I hope he does) then we will. It is a blessing to be able to have the emotion that I feel about this upcoming day. To gather that many people in the Lord house under circumstances of God through sports is something I may never fully understand. I am grateful that I am able to be a part of this amazing program that has brought so many people to God. I'm not sitting here telling you that everything in life is perfect with God, but I am going to tell you that he will make your life exciting and joyful, as long as you choose to follow the path that he has set for you. I choose to listen to his commands, and if they say that tomorrow there's no Upward, then I must accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment