Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Try Forgiveness and Love.

There are two ways to look at every situation. There is the pessimistic view and the optimistic view. This year through the grace of God I have started looking at the optimistic view and I like what I see. I really am a simple person and I have learned this from reading in scripture and praying. When someone wrongs me, I would like an apology, but if i do not receive one, forgiveness is how I am able to move on so I give it out all the time. When I wrong someone else, I apologize and I always mean it. Sorry is an important word used in many different ways. I will admit that I don't like confrontation, because it leaves me wanted to go back to my pessimistic ways, but I reach out to God and remember the good that awaits me. God has told us to forgive over and over without fail. When I do that, I am able to move on and move forward. I have been faced recently with some dramatic and hurtful situations as I have said before, but I have healed much faster than I even thought possible. God provides everything that we need to get through every trial and tribulation. Yesterday I was questioning myself, and feeling upset at something someone said to me, but I looked up to the Lord and then again opened my Bible and found exactly what I needed, to help me understand what I needed to do. "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you" Ephesians 4:32. We must forgive because of what God did for us. None of us deserved that forgiveness from God but we got it anyway. So now we are to forgive. Just try it, I feel that through forgiveness I am free to be happy and not worry about who is hurting because of me. The Lord blesses me with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment