Sunday, February 13, 2011

Surrendering Now.

Today my pastor preached about surrendering yourself to the Lord. I have already done that. I have promised to everyone and to myself that I will continue to grow with the Lord, and keep Him as the center of my life. The problem is, that during the sermon yesterday, I realized that although what I am saying is the right thing, but I am not "practicing what I preach". I have done some "soul searching" and found that I have not really surrendered myself to the Lord fully. He does not have all of me because I have withheld some of me. I am trying to fix things by myself, as I have said before. I learned that when I am so stressed out and think that I can't handle anything, is because I have not given all of my trials and tribulations over to the Lord. I am keeping them to myself. We are trying to do what only the Lord can do for us and this leaves us with stress and anxiety.

I'm sure that we all know this verse but sometimes we need to be reminded that we can actually find some of the answers we look for in the Bible. "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10. We can rest because the Lord will take everything from us and make us clean and pure again. Before He can do that we must surrender our lives and our actions over to Him. I have this problem where I like to be in control. A lot of people go through it, but I always feel like everything is out of control, so I grasp onto things that I think that I can control and try to hang onto them and take care of things my way.

Loosing control scares me more than anything because then I can't see what is coming next. I can be calm, however, and know that when I am not in control, God will be. He is ready to take the reigns on my life and lead me. He has set the path for me to walk on and I need to let go of control so that He can show me where to go next. This week I am surrendering myself to the Lord, and giving Him my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment