Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just A Bad Day.

I am sure that I am not the only one that has emotions that go wild sometimes. I know that I should be happy during some situations, but I just can't do it. I just want to curl up in a ball and pull my blankets over my head and ignore the world. Sometimes life seems like it's too much for me to handle. When we feel like this we are supposed to lean on the Lord. It takes so much energy to be the one that is always happy. I feel so guilty that I get angry at the world, but sometimes I just need a break. It's like a storm that keeps on moving whether you want it to or not. You are going to have ups and downs. Lately I have been down, but that doesn't mean that I have to stay down. The Lord is powerful, and just as He showed Peter, He can calm the storm, but we must let Him. We have to have the faith that He will pull us out of the storm that we are stuck in.


I tend to turn immediately to blame every time I feel like my world is crashing down. I curl up and cry because I feel alone. God is always there though. While I was upset, the song "Praise You In This Storm" came on and it really reminded me that this storm will end, just like the rest of them, but I cannot be the one to end it, the Lord will calm my storm, just like He calms yours. If you are feeling like an emotionally wreck, that's okay because God likes us, emotional wrecks. He is there to comfort us when we feel like there is no one that will help can.


"For in the of trouble He will keep me safe in His dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of His tabernacle and set me high upon a rock" Psalm 27:5. We have been made a promise that though we get sucked into bad days, the Lord will hide us from it. He will take the pain of the day away and give us the peace that we need to wake up the next day and start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment