Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Love of God's People.

A few months ago, I decided to ask one of my friends if she wanted to go to church with me. I was getting rather close to her then, and I thought that she should be introduced to the other half of my life. She knew that I was Christian, and she had other Christian friends, but I think that God gave me the understanding that it was time to bring her to church with me. When I asked her, she was all for it, and she came. She has now been going every week, ever since then! Today she thanked me for bringing her, and encouraging her to pray. I always think that what I am doing is never enough to even compare to what the Lord did for me. I realized that, it is not about being the Lord, it's about bringing people to the Lord.

For the first time, I feel that through everything going on in my life, I have done something right. I have done something that is pleasing to the Lord. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in thinking about my sin, and how I don't deserve the Love that the Lord has given to me. I so easily forget that I am not awful, I make mistakes but mostly my heart is in the right place. Through this friend, the Lord let me see that I am okay, and that He is pleased with me.

"Then He said to His disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few, ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field!" Matthew 9:37-38. The Lord has been so gracious to us, therefore it is our turn to be His workers and teach about what He has given to us. We have been blessed beyond our own understanding, and we need to make sure that others get the same chance to learn about the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment