Saturday, February 5, 2011

Just A Child.

Life as a teenager is more difficult than adults make it out to be. We are told that we need to grow up all the time. We are told to take responsibility of ourselves and be the people that God wants us to be. Then when we start taking control of our lives and being responsible adults tell us to knock it off, because we are just children. I find it frustrating. It seems that nothing I do is good enough to show that I am almost an adult and that I am responsible. I try to bring my thoughts to them and they tell me that I am a child and they try to “put me in my place”. It leaves me with anger, and bitterness toward adults because they don’t even realize that they contradict what they sat to us. I will be an adult someday very soon, but I never seem to earn the respect of one. I have been through just as much as some of them and I have been forced to mature faster, but I am still treated like an annoying kid. I plea with God to show them that I know what I am doing. That I just need guidance from them, not my life plan. They make me feel that I am less important to the world just because I am a young adult. Do they not remember being my age?

“Command and teach these things, Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:11-12. Children are important in Gods eyes. We are all equals to Him. I wish that it could be that way on this earth, but it can’t so I lift my heart to God in the hopes that he can lift my burdens and my hurt away so that I can continue to grow spiritually. However, I know that teenagers must always show respect to adults because the Lord also commands that. It is a two way process, that will never be solved if we don't ask the Lord to come in and give everyone in the situation peace.

Stepping on everyone else to make sure that you feel like the higher authority, is not what God has called us to do. We cannot sit here and falter the walks of other believers. The best thing to do in any situation like this is to like always get on your knees and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment