Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bad Days

Usually I can tell when I am going to have a bad day. I just get this feeling when I wake up that something is going to go wrong. This morning when I woke up I was a little nervous about wearing uncomfortable clothing for my interpersonal communication course but I was still relatively happy. Every day I roll out of bed and turn on Chris Tomlin's CD "And if Our God is For Us", while I get ready. I followed my same routine today, not knowing what the day would turn into.

My day began going downhill when I went to my biology class and received my exam back. If you recall me speaking about the exam, you know that I spent hours, and days studying for this one exam. My professor began class by saying that the class grades were the lowest she has ever seen. She also said that anyone that received below an 80% has not proved that they cared, nor that they studied. My stomach dropped at that point. I had felt good about the exam after I took it, and when I saw my grade I wanted to cry. It did not reflect my hard work, nor did it meet the expectations I have for myself.

I spent the rest of that class very distracted, wondering what I did wrong. I was angry and hurt by what the professor said, but I can now understand why she said that. Most of the kids around me did not put in time and effort, most of them don't care. I am going to wait until I am not so upset and talk to her, because I feel that it is important for me to let her know that I care about this class, and I take school very seriously. I know from the outside it seems that I am complaining over a grade that isn't failing, but God has given me the ability to do well in school and each bad grade feels like I have disappointed Him. I know that, that is not the case, but it doesn't make the feeling go away.

After all of that, I made it through my music class, and had to turn around and get ready for my com project of the day. I had to dress in a manor that makes me uncomfortable and talk to people around the campus. I was already in a bad mood so I did not feel like putting my heart into this assignment. When class was over I was ready to go back to the dorm and relax, however I did not check the weather this morning so I was faced with a surprise when it started pouring rain. My knee did not agree with the cold, wet clothing that I was wearing and now my knee is swollen.

I leave you with the verse that I keep repeating to myself over and over:
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." Romans 8:18

I challenge you to keep this verse in mind the next time it seems like everything is going wrong. Though today has been challenging for me, I know that it will end and good days will come! Have faith in the Lord, and most of all PRAY! Pray for me, pray for others, and pray for comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment