Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pray to God, Not at God

In my pleading for guidance from the Lord yesterday I came across this verse, and I felt led to share this verse:

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you!" Psalm 32:8.

I just want you to think about that for a moment with me. It is hard to fully understand what the Lord has promised us. I am the first to admit that while I was hurting and angry, I repeated questions like Why is this happening? or What am I supposed to do now? and God why are You letting this happen? I was asking so many questions that I left Him no room to answer me. I took my own advice and prayed to God for some sort of direction but at the same time I was just praying at God and not to Him. Sometimes when we ask the Lord for help, we are hoping for an immediate response, which we do not always get.

Even though I hadn't been communicating with the Lord the way that I should have, He helped me anyway. No mater where you are in your walk with Christ, prayer still works. I spent all of yesterday praying AT God and ignoring His responses, but when I was scared out of my mind to say something, He gave me not only the words to speak, but the strength to say what I needed to say.  I felt this heavy weight that I had been putting on myself, be lift when I faced the task I had been dreading. While I was questioning whether or not God was listening He indeed gave me strength to say what I needed to say. He gave me strength even though I didn't deserve it. The thing that kills people that are angry with God, is the fact that even if they turn away from Him, He will never turn away from them.

My prayer hasn't been completely answer and I don't know how long it is going to take before I get the final response, but I can wait. Just by God giving me that bit of strength yesterday, I was reminded of who is in control. I was also reminded that He hears me crying out for help, and He wants to help but in His way and in His time. I wasn't listening to Him, but He has a way of making me listen to Him. I been running around in the dark this week, looking for some sign that would tell me I'm not alone. God gave me strength, He gave me a candle to lite and shine through the darkness.

I challenge you to find that candle no matter how dark a situation seems to be to you. It might help to put a real candle out on your counter, or your desk, or even the car (obviously don't lite it in the car). Let it serve as a reminder to you that God has the strength and God shines through all darkness. He will take the lead, but first we have to let Him. No matter what happens, I will praise God in this storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment