Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ready or Not

It would be easy for me to slip back into my negative thought process again. It would be easy for me to say that the happiness I have been feeling had to end sooner or later, but I'm not going to say that. I no longer believe that good things are only temporary, while something bad is getting ready to enter my life. So many people feel that way, and they learn to question happiness. It has taken a lot for me to get rid of those thoughts, and that negative way of living. When I say that I understand what it feels like to never trust happiness, I mean it, however, I also know now that happiness is real and so is the love of Christ.

When you are about to, or are facing a trial, many believers will tell you that God won't give you more than you can handle. I have heard that countless times, and I believe it, but it is not always a comfort when things are going downhill. It always made me turn to the Lord and tell Him that it's more than I can handle, or my favorite thing was to ask Him how much more He believed I could handle. The Lord does know how much we can handle but repeating that over and over to someone is not going to help them. It is almost like your friends are brushing you off to God because they don't want to help you themselves. 

I am saying all of this from experience, and I am saying this as someone who is facing new trials. Facing a trial does not mean I lose all of the happiness that I have been feeling. What it means is that I can go into this trial with a new perspective and with the knowlege that things actually get better. As long as I continue to put my trust in God, I can overcome anything, my family can overcome anything. I feel a strength that I have never felt before. It is like God has turned all of my tears into a renewed strength and a renewed faith in Him.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." Ephesians 6:10-13.


If someone you or someone you know is facing a trial,  I challenge you to stand firm in faith, and trust in the love of Christ. No one said that trials were going to be easy, but the outcome can change depending on where you turn, and where you place your trust. Place your trust in God, and pray for the strength that you desire to face tribulation. Pray for others that do not feel strength yet, and put on the armor of God because nothing is impossible with God. As for me, I am taking a stand, and ready or not I am facing this trial with the Lord by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment