Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Communication

Communication is something that can make or break relationships. It can make or break the work place, and it can make or stagger your walk with the Lord. There are so many forms of communication that can occur, so what is it that we can't communicate with each other. I've watched people lose their jobs because they took days off without communicating that they were going to do so. I've seen kids fail classes because they missed so many classes and never communicated that they needed help. I have watched couples fall apart because they won't talk to each other and they won't solve any problems by being silent.

We are reaching the time in school where we have to register for the next semester. In order to do that we must go see our academic advisers and discuss what we have to take. For those of us with disabilities we register a little differently than our peers because while choosing classes we have to keep in mind the environment in which we are learning. There is a new person in charge of the disability aspect and now I am facing all of these new challenges that I should not have to be facing.

I am increasingly disappointed in the communication between some of departments at this school. The same is true for a lot of other schools. Different departments reside in the same building but they do not talk to each other. Instead they send us back and forth as making it very hard to get a solid answer to any problems. I have often wondered the reasoning for this lack of communication but again I never got a solid answer, not from the adults any way. When I had the chance to talk to students that work for those departments I was told that they do not have enough time to get everything done for that department to go and converse with the other departments.

My frustration is beyond high right now but there is not much I can do about it by myself. It has gotten me thinking about how this same problem parallels a problem in the Christian life. We are so caught up in our everyday lives and everything that we have to get done, that we have a lack of communication with The Boss. Those that don't pray everyday are like the employee's who take sit leave without telling anyone.   Our communication between ourselves and the Lord needs to be open and constant.

"Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see how good God is. Blessed are you who run to Him. Worship God if you want the best; worship opens doors to all His goodness." Psalm 34: 8-9 MSG

Though we cannot control how others communicate we can control how we communicate. The lack of communication that is occurring in my life right now is outside of my control. I am challenging you and myself to let go of the communication lines that we cannot control and focus our time and energy on the Lord. Work on communicating with the Lord because I promise you things in your life will change when you let God in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment