Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Domino Effect

I am the type of person that likes to have a sense of control over my life. I know that the Lord has complete control but He amuses me and lets me feel like I have some control. I know that I am not the only one that feels this way, and usually its not something that I talk about in normal conversation. I also like to have an end goal or a future idea that I am working toward. However, I am always reminded that no matter what future I plan, its not up to me.

I have noticed that my life is like a set of domino's. I spend so much time setting everything up and making sure that I am following God's plan and His lead. If I don't my theoretical domino's will never stand up. The stronger that my walk gets or the further the build my row of domino's the more I notice Satan trying to knock me down. Over the course of the last week leading up until now, I haven't been as strong and my domino's seem to be falling. You know how domino's work; once one falls it knocks down the next and then the next.

It's like I see them starting to fall and I am turning to God praying for Him to help me stop the domino's but He doesn't seem to be responding fast enough. As the destruction gets seemingly closer I am scared to see the outcome. I know that it sounds ridiculous for me to be feeling like this but it doesn't change how I feel nor does it mean that someone else is feeling the same way. I am here to tell you that feeling this way is not rediculous and those that look at this as a drama need to spend time in prayer. Each of us feels this fear when we start losing control. I start losing my sense of safety and I cling to hope for dear life.

I have a general idea of what is coming and I don't want it to come but that's not in my control. I am really struggling to trust that God is not just going to let my life fall apart. This is where I am supposed to have faith, but its not always so easy to hang on to. This morning while I was begging for an answer or some way to fix everything I looked up at my wall, where there is a sticker that reads, "all things are possible with God". It was a sense of reassurance but it did not last the entire day. 

Looking in scripture today I came across a verse that really said everything that I have been needing to hear.
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through tot set you ablaze t be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God." Isaiah 43: 2- 3.

This does not make the fear disappear but it serves as a reminder that though I feel like everything is spinning out of control, God is still in control. No matter what is coming my way He will protect me. He does the same for you. That is why I am challenging you to honestly praise God in whatever storm you are in. Or pray for another friend that is facing a storm. Even if all of the domino's fall God puts them back up, He has a plan and we can't see it yet but we can breathe because we know that He knows what is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment