Monday, October 22, 2012

So Shall I Be Saved From My Enemies

Holding my tongue is not something that I am good at when I am angry or upset. I am very good at expressing what I am mad about. Growing up, we are taught the old saying, if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. In theory that's a great idea, but when it comes down to it being quiet is not easy. Today for example there was a group of people who were cracking jokes and spewing hate about someone else. I wanted so badly to call those people out on what they were saying but then I had to remember what I have been working on. I remembered my post from last week about the steps to follow when I feel angry. It took a lot of strength and continuous prayer just to sit still and not yell.

There's a battle going on inside of me over what to do with the information that I have gained. The anger built up inside of me every single time those people behind me spoke negatively about their so called friend. I am the type of friend/ sister, who serves as a protector. I think it has to do with being the first born. I have always believed that my role was to look after all of my siblings (at times acting like a second mother... sorry mom). The same is true for my close friends. I tend to tell people that if they mess with the people I love they have to deal with me. I know this is not really the Christian attitude but when I say it I mean it.

If you notice, I do not say what it is that I am going to do if anyone messes with those that I love. That's because I don't know what I am going to do until I speak with the Lord. I sat in my class deep in prayer not paying any attention to my class because I was to emotional and I wasn't listening to the Lord enough. I know I am probably setting a bad example to any other students that read this, but for today I needed to shut out the those people and bring the hurt and anger to the Lord. I honestly am still struggling about what to take from everything that I heard, and I don't know who to tell, or if its worth telling.

When I got back to my room I realized that I forgot to changed my calendar to today's date. The calendar is a verse a day but it was made in a way that you can use it every year. I am going to share with you the verse for today's date, and for anyone that needs proof that God listens and guides, pay attention.

"I will love thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress and my deliverer; my God , my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies." Psalm 18: 1-3

He is not telling me to completely ignore the situation, but He is promising me strength. That same strength can be given to you if you simply ask. I am not giving up and I am not letting go until the Lord calls me to end this. No one should ever unjustly have to feel like they have done something wrong. In the case that is fresh on my mind, non believers are condemning a believer for having strong morals. I felt with this for a long time myself, and I God is using that part of my life to work in someone else's life. At the time, when others were spreading hate and lies, I could not understand why the Lord wouldn't make them stop. He had a plan and if the whole plan was just to help this one person than I have been blessed. I am proof that we can stand on moral grounds, but only with the strength of God and our trust in God.

I was saved from my enemies through Christ and Christ alone. I have a passion for standing up for those that are being persecuted and showing them the love of God. I am challenging you to look back at a past situation that you overcame with the Lord, and use that knowledge to help someone else. Prayerfully give support, encouragement and love to anyone who is weary. The Lord has called me to be a protector, and He has given me the tools to do so. The same is true for you. Find out what the Lord has called you to do and the tools to complete that calling will be given to you. I have been blessed and its time that I share those blessings with those who are not feeling quite so blessed at this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment